عنوان مقاله [English]
Dust phenomenon as one of the natural pollutants affected by climate change, has been considered as an environmental challenge in the Middle East region in recent years which its impact with heavy costs in social, economic and health areas considered as a serious threat to the sustainable development of countries. In this study during the years 2009 to 2018, by evaluating dust behavior as a matter of frequency, duration, intensity as well as spatial and temporal variation of dust events using dust storm index, visibility, aerosol optical depth accompanied with identification of climatological parameters by considering vegetation condition index over the Middle East, a more considerable clarification of dust sources over this region has been obtained.This study can pave the way for better dust readiness and resiliency as one of the extreme natural hazards affected by climate extremes.
10. Akbari,S. and Tajar,J., 2012: The Analysis of the Economic Damages of Dust Storms in Iran. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 6(10): 388-395.
11. Khaledi, K. and Haghighatnezhad, A., 2015: Studying the Effects of Dust on Iran’s Economy. Extensive Journal of Applied Sciences, pp 125-136
12. https://www.mehrnews.com/news/ گردوخاک-باعث-ایجاد-سیل-مهاجرت-از-خوزستان-شده-است
13. McTainsh, G., and K., Tews, 2007: Soil erosion by wind - Dust Storm Index (DSI): National Monitoring and Evaluation Framework, prepared for the National Land & Water Resources Audit, Canberra.
14. WMO No-1121 Technical report of Establishing a WMO Sand and Dust Storm Warning Advisory and Assessment System Regional Node for West Asia: Current Capabilities and Needs, 2013.
15. Levy, R.C., Remer, L.A., Kleidman, R.G., Mattoo, S., Ichoku, C., Kahn, R., Eck, T.F., 2010: Global evaluation of the collection 5 MODIS dark-target aerosol products over land. Atmos. Chem. Phys. 10, 10399–10420
16. Shi, Y., Zhang, J., Reid, J.S., Hyer, E.J., Hsu, N.C., 2013: Critical evaluation of the MODIS deep Blue aerosol optical depth product for data assimilation over North Africa. Atmos. Meas. Tech. 6 (949–969). http://dx.doi.org/10.5194/amt-6-949-2013.
17. Hsu, N.C., Tsay, S.-C., King, M.D., Herman, J. R., 2004: Aerosol properties over brightreflecting source regions. IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens. 42.